Answers: What Do You Know About Abuse?
1. Which of the following are examples of abuse?
- Your partner forbids you from talking to your friend Mark at school.
- Your partner grabs your shirt sleeve and won't let go.
- Your partner constantly sends you text messages to find out where you are.
- Your partner makes fun of you but you don't think it's funny.
- NOT: Your partner sends you flowers.
2. You think your best friend is in an abusive relationship. What should you do?
- Tell a parent or another adult you trust.
3. When someone's partner hurts them, it's probably because they deserves it.
.4. People of any gender can be abused in relationships.
5. Which of these are warning signs of an abusive relationship?
- Extreme jealousy.
- NOT: Having fun at the movies.
- NOT: Talking over problems calmly.
- Forced sexual relations.